View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i am on my second bout with thrush as result of my nerve blocks. my mouth is incredibly sore - so are my gums, throat, and it actually feels like my lungs are on fire! i told my husband it was like i ingested bleach or something. it hurts to breathe. my lips are starting to chap and blister and i won't even get into the pain on my tongue.

my doc prescribed diflucan for the thrush. i took a pill tonite and i take one on thursday. if you don't have thrush i don't know what can be done for your mouth. a nurse told me to swish with peroxide, but i haven't done it because i am afraid it will burn even worse. i bought a mouthwash called "biotene" (it contains no alcohol). it actually feels like you are swishing with milk - it feels thick and it is supposedly good for dry mouths. another person told me to coat my tongue with garlic powder for as long as i can stand it and then put a little water in there and gargle. yuk.

i don't know if any of this is helpful. my sleeping pill is kicking in and i feel like i'm not making any sense.

p.s.: i don't take lyrica so i don't know anything about the doses.

good luck!
angie

- e. e. cummings
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote