View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleybrain View Post
I will be brief because I'm having another migraine attack!

I've had daily headaches-and sometimes weekly migraines going on now 22 months now. I also had vertigo spells and vision issues.

At first I was on trazodone and tramadol and propanolol for 16months. I followed the vitamin and mineral (cur cumin and magnesium routine). 6 months ago started on nortryptiline until I started to lactate.I've also did icing which helps for an hour or so~

I'm now on topamax for a week which has helped, but this is my first migraine.

These symptoms are so unique to us all. its critical to have a practioner who is willing to work with you and try new approaches. New research has shown that it isn't so much vascular as much as neurological.

Best of luck!
Hi Berkeleybrain,

Thanks for your post and for the insight. To be honest if I could manage my pain I could live a normal life. But my neurologist won't prescribe any new medication. I have just been on 20mg then increasing to 25mg amitriptyline daily. I just don't know. He keeps telling me to continue with what I take. In my mind I think with all the medication in the world surely something else can help. He says the others come with such dire side effects I am much better off staying on amitriptyline and dealing with only weight gain. I just need something to take the mild throb of a hangover feeling off each morning I wake up and through the day. Plus I don't know of the availability of these drugs in the UK.

Ps: Hope your migraine attack have now subsided. All the best.

Regards
Rosa
Afrochick73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote