View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello my RSD

Hello my name is Steve and I am 46. I was diagnosed with RSD in 2010. It took me 20 years of doctors visits until I went to a neurologist in Philadelphia PA.
My RSD caused me to lose my job as a nurse. I am on full disability. I can walk very short distances and for longer ones I have to use forearm crutches. The pain in my legs and lower back is bad at times that it takes my breath away.
I have pain in my hands and I get stiffness in my fingers my back and legs.

One of the best therapies for myself (self therapy) is kayaking. I go kayaking every other day for a few hours, it helps me get some exercise. I love to be in nature and this helps me relax.
I was going to my doctors for Lidocaine infusions and would have finished my treatments this past week but I received a call from my doctor and they told me that Medicare would not pay for the treatments any more.
My faith in God is really strong and I know that with him I am able to get through anything.
I hope to have conversations with a lot of people on here, I believe that if we ban together we can get through anything.
Steve
Stephaunne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote