Thread: Blessed
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 01:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation It's been a while - sorry to have to welcome a colleague

Been off the forum for a while. MD powder day neuropathic pain syndrome MD in pain 2 - say it ain't so! I know what you are going through. It sucks MDinpain2.

I'm still doing pretty well except i strained my calf cycling 2 1/2 weeks ago - had gotten really good as in enough power to look at racing. Now I've got an injury in the crps zone. I have cut back, but it's hard to know how much to do so. I see the muscle twitching and know that the healing will be slow. Plus the scs covers up muscle pain to an extent. Makes rehabbing the injury extremely complicated.

I'll be back to my full pre-strain strength, but it's frustrating to have crps and a real calf strain. The high of 3 hours of intense aerobic exercise - it's cut off for the time being. I need to be smart about it - today i learned the hard way - even riding slower no big hill climbs yet - too much force.

Guess more swimming for now - I'm a decent swimmer, but it's boring! It's strange I get the burning in my back for 10 minutes then it fades away.

Low grade whole body crps / high grade below knees. Scs has been very helpful for that. The other stuff i live with.

Hardest part beyond pain is fatigue. Mdinpain2 - if you're able to go back to work- you're going to need caffeine and be willing to take pain. I get up everyday feeling cruddy, but i force myself to work. I'm better off being there.

It's the little things i miss -not worrying, good
Sleep, tons of energy, total focus on my kids without effort. Gone. Considering my situation I'm doing great, but it's an uphill climb & harder when I can't go climbing!
MDinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-05-2014), Hannabananna (05-05-2014), PamelaJune (05-06-2014), Rrae (05-08-2014)