View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

You made a reference to a "prime minister." Are you Canadian?

I only ask because it is extremely difficult to sue doctors in that country.

Like Thomas, my TBI/MVA left me with ZERO confidence in the medical establishment. The treatment I received was horrendous by any standard. Some of it was incompetence, some of it was a reflection of the insurance industry's influence over doctors.

I wish I could be more encouraging, but my experience with doctors and lawyers (it took YEARS to litigate an MVA, where I had NO liability) tells me otherwise. On the plus side, you didn't sustain your TBI in an MVA. In some provinces MVA victims' potential payouts are capped at ridiculously low levels.

Still, I'm not, thank God, a lawyer. Perhaps the best thing you could do is sit down with a personal injury lawyer for a consultation. The first one is usually free.

However, even if they are willing to take you on a "we collect our fee when/if we win" basis, remember that fee represents only their percentage of the settlement. They will still bill you - win or lose - for all of their "administrative" costs. Lawyers must make photocopies on gold leaf, because my admin bill was ENORMOUS.

Needless to say, when all was said and done, there wasn't much of my settlement left for me.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote