View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You said "I guess that's what my concerns come down to. Knowing now the typical regimen of REST, REST, REST, NO STRESS, DRUGS, NO EXERTION, etc. for brain-injury treatment, I now feel horrible reflecting on my life in that crucial recovery period. Had I and my family known that I'd almost inevitably suffered some kind of brain injury, we would have absolutely ensured that I adhered to this typical treatment plan as well as possible for as long as necessary. Lacking that, I fear I've caused permanent damage and lost vital opportunities to recover. This really, really seems like something a neurologist should have caught, yet they didn't... and it seems like because of that my quality of life has likely been permanently reduced."

The only thing you lost is time. You "may" have delayed or prolonged your recovery. Your recovery has not been limited by the lack of recommendations to rest, no stress, drugs and exertion.

It is difficult enough to win in a mTBI law suit where there is a driver who was negligent. Trying to say that doctors 'injured' you by not giving your good advice is next to impossible, unless you suffered a specific injury that can be tied to the doctor's advice.

Your current condition can be blamed on your personal behaviors, drugs, etc. Doctors are not responsible to tell a minor to not drink or use drugs, even if he has had a suspected brain injury.

Go ahead and ask a Malpractice Attorney, if you can even get one to listen to you. Wrongful Death, surgical errors, medication errors may be able to be litigated. Your recovery is too undefined to even start to point blame at anything other than your original injury and maybe your behavior after the injury. It sounds like there is not even an understanding as to why you had the seizure.

Move on with your life. Don't get stuck in a stressful blame game. Instead, try to find solutions to your current symptoms, whether they be treatments or learning work-arounds.

Get your life on a healthy track with vitamins, supplements and clean living. Your injured brain needs clean living.

btw, Many doctors will treat patients the same way you were treated. Others on this forum can attest to that.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-05-2014), SmilinEyesMs305 (05-12-2014)