View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would also ask for your thyroid to be tested. A lot of people with MG and RSD have untreated thyroid issue. I did. I had a partial thyroidectomy a few years before the onset of RSD due to nodules (Hashimotos thyroiditis, another autoimmune issue). I was never put on supplement TSH. Simultaneously with the MG diagnosis, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on synthroid.

Try not to get overwhelmed. MG is manageable but it does take lifestyle accommodations but you probably are well acquainted having to manage your life around the RSD. Lupus is also common with MGers and anemia (pernicious).

I agree with Annie that you should have your Vitamin D, B12, TSH, T3, T4, ANA as well as CBC with differential and a Chem 20 panel. Stay away from anything with Magnesium, it makes MG worse.

I have MG, RSD (under control), hypothyroidism, anemia and another autoimmune issue not labelled yet. All these disease separately cause muscle weakness. Having them together makes me even weaker. You often need to get them all under control to see dramatic improvement. It is hard for me to figure out sometimes if it is MG weakness or hypothyroid or am I anemic again.

Keep us posted and good luck
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (05-05-2014)