View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 06:35 PM
anon6715

anon6715

Thanks for your reply. All of my recent medication changes were made after the migraine marathon started. Prior to that, my migraines were the same as always. I did go on and off nortriptyline (I tried it for the NP pain but I couldn't tolerate it). That was not very close in time to the migraines starting though.

Annoyingly, one of my migraine triggers is disruption to my normal sleep patterns. Of course, since developing CRPS I don't sleep properly.

I always have migraines for a couple/few days before my 'aunt' arrives (sorry guys). When my aunt shows up, she scares the migraines away but in March the migraines didn't stop as expected. Since then, my aunt came and went again and the migraines stayed.

I'm trying to think of what changed. I'm thinking of getting an eye exam. Of course I don't think my vision worsened suddenly but I suppose an eye exam couldn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalaide View Post
I can truly sympathize. I've had migraines with aura since puberty but went through a time about 6 years ago where I went nearly 3 straight months with a migraine every day. I literally didn't leave the basement unless it was to see a doctor or at night. I'd go days without sleep at a time because I was in too much pain to sleep, then I'd collapse from exhaustion and start again. Found my trigger and haven't looked back. I can live with my 2-5 a month now.

I hope you find your answer soon. I'm sure a doctor (or you) have thought of this but remember to check any changes in medication that happened when or near the time the increase in migraines began. Even if it was an increase in frequency before they became daily. That was the key for me, doctors kept looking at when they became daily or near daily instead of at the time they began to increase.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (05-07-2014)