View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Hi ladyinpain,
I'm really sorry you're in so much pain.

I have to agree with Snoopy regarding getting a second opinion.

My daughter was diagnosed with PCOS by an Endocrinologist when quite young.

She actually has only ever had one cyst and he did say that she was somewhat atypical in her presentation generally but he also explained to her that the term PCOS is a bit of a misnomer.

PCOS is a syndrome which means there are a number of signs or symptoms that are common in a particular condition.

As far as I know, people can have polycystic ovaries without having PCOS, due to other causes. e.g. do you have endometriosis?

Have you been checked by an Endocrinologist at all?
Has your doctor ever checked your Insulin and Androgen levels?

Do you have any of the other signs or symptoms of PCOS as presented in the fact sheet that Snoopy left?
Sorry if I left some information out. This is the third opinion, and I have nonstop bleeding and small endometrial problems. The cysts also continue to get larger and hurt more. I don't plan on having any more kids. I had the Essure procedure done in 2011. The females in my family have a history of endometriosis. These are a few reasons why the GYNs I saw opted for a hysterectomy. I will discuss this topic again with my Dr. once I finish the blood thinners at the end of the month.
ladyinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote