View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
I would also ask for your thyroid to be tested. A lot of people with MG and RSD have untreated thyroid issue. I did. I had a partial thyroidectomy a few years before the onset of RSD due to nodules (Hashimotos thyroiditis, another autoimmune issue). I was never put on supplement TSH. Simultaneously with the MG diagnosis, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on synthroid.

Try not to get overwhelmed. MG is manageable but it does take lifestyle accommodations but you probably are well acquainted having to manage your life around the RSD. Lupus is also common with MGers and anemia (pernicious).

I agree with Annie that you should have your Vitamin D, B12, TSH, T3, T4, ANA as well as CBC with differential and a Chem 20 panel. Stay away from anything with Magnesium, it makes MG worse.

I have MG, RSD (under control), hypothyroidism, anemia and another autoimmune issue not labelled yet. All these disease separately cause muscle weakness. Having them together makes me even weaker. You often need to get them all under control to see dramatic improvement. It is hard for me to figure out sometimes if it is MG weakness or hypothyroid or am I anemic again.

Keep us posted and good luck
kathie
Hi Kathie!
I have had my thyroid tested numerous times, the last time was fairly recent. Looks like I may need to talk to my dr about lupus again...

I will go back and look at my last couple of blood work reports to see what all was checked. Thanks for the tip on magnesium. I have a big bottle of it that a neurologist recommended that I try for my migraines. I had my PCP check my magnesium levels and they were fine so I didn't take it. It is apparently a bladder irritant, so not too good for IC. There are actually a lot of vitamins and supplements not good to IC either.

Thanks for the reassurance, I am getting a little overwhelmed. I will be happy when the SFEMG is over and I know for sure about MG. My RSD is out of control and has been for quite some time. My IC is awful right now, last week and this week have been especially bad. My urogyno thinks that if we can get my RSD a little better controlled then maybe one of the IC treatments would help me more. Did I mention that I now have RSD down there? It is taking over I am glad yours is under control I am trying to find a new pain management dr and I need a new neurologist (the neuro ophthalmologist is the one ordering these EMG's and my PCP sent me to him).

Thanks for all the info and I will definitely keep you posted!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote