Thread: Lost and Scared
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Lost and Scared

Hi. I found this forum in a fit of complete desperation. First, I will explain my situation, then my mental state.

I was very slowly diagnosed with 3 mild herniated cervical discs(C4-C5, C5-C6, C6-C7) over the course of roughly 2 months. I spent a total of 4 months in physical therapy(half before, half after diagnosis and treatments). I have been given steroid shots, pills, and an epideral shot; as well as aggressive use of anti-inflammitories. Nothing has helped relieve my pain fully, or at all. I recently "passed" an FCE, and am due to return to work in the morning.

Which brings me to my mental state...I am honestly scared out of mind...I just can't sleep. I don't know what to do anymore. My spinal surgeon tells me that I am too mild of a case to be a candidate for surgery, and that my condition will degenerate over time. I know that due to the physical demand of my work, I will be injured again within the year...perhaps sooner...

I am so scared and lost...I don't know what to do, or even who to talk to...Even as I type this I must admit I am breaking down and crying like only once before in my life...

Please, just any advice might help.
Mikey1352010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-15-2014), tamiloo (09-13-2014)