View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Nanc, Thanks for the answers!

I hope this article helps to explain the MTHFR mutation. It's like having a kink in the biochemical pathway of B12. If you don't get the right sort of treatment, you continue to be B12 deficient.

http://mthfr.net/mthfr-c677t-mutatio...ol/2012/02/24/

The sun causing clogged pores? Time to find a better, more knowledgeable dermatologist AND rheumatologist. It seems that you have some sort of overriding "itis" and a cause should be found, as well as solutions (i.e., low oxalate diet).

BTW, They don't know what caused my reaction to the sun, but they thought it might be polymorphous light eruption. The only way to determine what it might be is to have a biopsy of the rash.

Do you have copies of the lupus labs? If not, get them and check to make sure Anti-Ro was done.

I have allergies, too, Nanc, but many supplements are free of most allergens. Was the sublingual B12 you tried methylcobalamin? Did you try a different brand (such as Jarrow)?

Please don't be overwhelmed! I'm sorry if I contributed to that. You have a lot going on, and I certainly know what that's like. Just take one thing at a time.

Did you go gluten free? If not, see if your doc can find someone (maybe ARUP labs) who still does the Reticulin antibody.

I'm really sorry you are so limited in what you can do. I totally get that. It's very frustrating to have a body that dictates your life! I hope you will get answers soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (05-06-2014)