View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Rest! Rest! REst!

There is a great vitamin thread- on the pcs/mtbi board. lots of fish oil works. Brain food: avocado, bananas, almonds, coconut milk (avoid alcohol, coffee, sugar, etc).

Try to resist screen, bright lights, computer time.

It really is time to sleep if you can, take pain meds to relax, ice the neck and try to relax. I saw a primary doctor first (initial pain meds), then had to wait to see neurologist (almost 4 weeks!)-(more specialized migraine pain meds).

You should track how you are feeling and your symptoms with a diary (vertigo, nausea, dizziness, etc.) to help the neurologist identify what is triggering your pcs. I had problems with vision and had to see a neuro-opthalmologist.

Best of luck to you!

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote