View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I ran out of time earlier, but wanted to add...

We have a
Diabetes / Insulin Resistance / Metabolic Syndrome Forum
here at NeuroTalk.

There are many older posts regarding PCOS on there as it relates to Insulin Resistance.

There's also
which enables us to search the whole of NT for specific words.
There's also a separate Search feature on each Health Topic that allows us to search just that Forum.

I also wanted to say that my daughter's shown a lot of improvement since being diagnosed with PCOS.
After diagnosis she was immediately prescribed Metformin and one of the contraceptive pills that was chosen
to suit her specific oestrogen and other hormone needs.

My daughter is actually very slight in build but was still told to immediately lose 5 kilograms and to increase her exercize.

She has been able to get off her Metformin totally and her last fasting glucose levels were good.
She changed her diet (even going gluten free for a long time), increased exercize dramatically,
lost some weight (even though she didn't look as if she needed to) and her cholesterol levels were better as well.

However, having said that, the least little increase in weight that she has noticeably changes everything.

I know it's a very individualized condition and there is still so much to learn about why it happens,
but I have seen with my own eyes how important that diet and exercize are for my daughter.

She had even gone off her 'pill' for some months, but symptoms returned.
So what she has learned is to maintain a healthy diet, get lots and lots of exercize and
for now to continue with her hormone pill.

That ... and regular check-ups with the doc..

Don't forget ladyinpain to check out the other forum if you have Insulin Resistance.
Lots of information there.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (05-11-2014)