View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

my boyfriend needs some cheese and whine.

He called me this afternoon to tell me about his "exciting day".

Seems he was on his way to work this afternoon, on his motorcycle, when a bicyclist rode out in front of him at an intersection. (boyfriend had the green light). He hit the bicycle's back tire with his motorcycle, and lost control. Ended up in a grassy median. Said he went over the handlebars.

Apparently just before he went over the handlebars, he put his foot down to try to stop himself. That's when his right ankle (fibula) broke. Then he was chest down on the median in the grass.

His bike is trashed. His ankle hurts a lot! The bicyclist got the ticket for running the light and causing the accident.

Anyone know who pays when a bicyclist is at fault in a car accident?

and for my request for cheese and whine.

my walking has been getting worse and worse. Tonight I was sitting outside with my parents. Probably a stupid thing to do, since it was 96F outside. I couldn't stand up. Then when I could stand up, I couldn't walk. I barely made it inside the house.

Then when I got into the house, I had to stop at every chair on my way to the stairs to get into the basement. I have an electric stairlift, but I needed my dad to come inside, and he just didn't get that I wanted him to turn the chair on the lift so that I could get onto it so I didn't go down the stairs ash over teakettle and hurt myself. I've been sitting down since I finally got down into my bedroom. I have no idea if I can stand back up now. Hope I can.

I feel really bad tonight. Little scared that my physiatrist that I'm going to see tomorrow is going to order a wheelchair for me. (I don't want one), and I'm also a bit scared that I'll end up in the hospital (and immediately go bankrupt because of the crappy insurance)

having a really really really bad week. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-08-2014), Mariel (05-10-2014), SallyC (05-08-2014), tkrik (05-08-2014)