View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 02:37 AM
ex-Member

15 yr Member
ex-Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdinfo View Post
As I understand it, the phenomenon of biochemical "feedback inhibition", as in Levodopa being the most inhibtor of its own natural biosynthesis (a subject covered elsewhere at lenght), when supplied from outside, as in PD, is a particular case of the general chemical principle of "LeRichelieau". Is this correct? Resident biochems called to duty on this one).

Or put in very non-technical terms, one could say that "feedback inhibition" is the same as the "use it or loose it" common sense principle, according to which, for example in the case of a muscle or muscles which are seldom used or exercised, they would tend to shrivel up.
In PD, where the natural biosynthesis of Levodopa (and therefore Dopamine) is impaired, taking exogenous Levodopa, while dramatically effective on an immediate basis, in the long run it is diabolically inhibiting of the already compromised natural biosynthesis of itself, as if the body was "saying": "well, if I am getting ready made Levodopa, why bother to make my own, more so when I am already having a hard time making the stuff to begin with", thus closing the viscious circle of a lifetime dependency on externally supplied Levodopa.

1. Is all of the above correct, or mere rationalization.?
All correct. The Nobel Prize winning study on the formation of L-dopa showed that no substance reduced somebody's ability to produce their own L-dopa than L-dopa itself. Basically, "if you take it, you won't make it". Consequently, L-dopa ends up being a major cause of the downward progression of Parkinson's Disease symptoms. Short term cure - long term cause.

Your vinegar treatment, makes use of the same principle that is used in certain medical methods - provoke just a little the very problem you want to get rid of. The body reacts against what little you do in order to try to rid the problem.
Daffy Duck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote