View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 10:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New; not sure about MG

Hello, I'm new and looking for some help.

I'll try to keep it short. For the last year have had a list of general various symptoms that, (like most people) I contributed to stress. Fatigue, weak, lack of focus, etc. I started having headaches more frequent and then migraines, so finally went to the doctor. The Dr. thought was thyroid for sure but blood test came back raised TSH but not crazy high. Did more test, but gave me Rx for depression (i didn't fill yet). More test for lupus and ANA blood test, etc. All negative, great but what's wrong.

Frustrated I started looking up my blood test results. That same week, my left eye was drooping. My glasses seemed to hide it mostly but without them it was very noticeable. The general blood test showed that my BUN/creatinine ratio was high. I remembered I had this come back before, so I looked up causes for low creatinine. One of the causes was myasthenia gravis. I'd never heard of that, so I googled it and my heart about stopped when I saw the picture of someone with one droopy eye. Yet even with that and other similar symptoms, I passed it off that it was rare and unlikely but thought it might still be thyroid. Especially because the symptoms come & go (except the headaches).

This week I started getting a sharp pain between my shoulder blades and my left arm felt super heavy. It worried me enough I went to an urgent care. That Dr. said likely a pinched nerve in my shoulder, although he did mention my left arm had reduced strength. (Both of my eyes were droopy and felt like my cheeks were also. I could smile but in a relax position, my cheeks looked flat and droopy and I had terrible frown. Of course I didn't mention this to the urgent care doctor because I was focus on my arm)

The Dr. gave me prednisone and muscle relaxer. I felt terrible with the muscle relaxer, it made me feel worse and stayed in bed & slept. But today I feel great today only taking prednisone. Best I have felt in a long time. My eyes and cheeks aren't droopy and I feel like I have my old energy back.

But the question keeps hanging out there regarding the MG. Since the symptoms are so general, I keep thinking I'm just letting internet doctoring get to me. I'm I being silly? Could I really find this but my Dr. wouldn't? Could use some insight. Does the eye drooping come & go?

I'm a little nervous to ask my doctor about it, since she already thought it was just depression.
Elle114 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (05-09-2014), santhipeace (06-08-2014)