View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I know you are young Erin but a wheel chair can give a person so much more freedom, stability, freedom to enjoy the outside world, it is limitless what it can give a person. And you just kind of learn to ignore the looks some people give you. I was really afraid, tentative, stubborn, you name it that was me. So I stopped going to the zoo, amusement parks, outings with my family. Then I decided I had had enough with this sitting at home pitying myself. My insurance got tired of renting me a wheelchair when my daughter was doing the whole college tour things so after about 4 times they just bought one for me. But when we go to a zoo, amusement park, etc, I feel it is worth the money to fork out a little money for my own independence and the comfort of my family to rent the mobility scooter. I have a basket, you keep the key with you, the seat swivels so you can sit at a table, you can let your grandchild fall asleep in your arms, I know bad girl. But it is so worth it. What gets me are the people who don't see you and they just dart right in front of you.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mariel (05-10-2014)