View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

well, I didn't get a chair, but I did FINALLY get the Rx for the hand controls for the car.

He gave me a new Rx for spasticity. (no idea what it is. I can't remember the name of the drug).

He talked to me for a bit. Asked me what I do every day. I told him I don't do much because I don't drive, and my parents aren't all that mobile. So we sit around a lot all day. He kind of thought that if I got my hand controls, and had a little bit more ability to just get out of my freaking house, that I might start to feel better, and that might help me get moving around better. If I can get to a store, maybe I can go inside the store, and actually walk around. Do some shopping (or just walk around with a shopping cart).

He did say that the hospital he's at has a gym, and that they might be able to get me a "membership" to use the gym there. Or, I might be able to renew my membership to the gym that I used to go to. Said that I could use my walker to get into the gym and use their bikes.

Tomorrow I have to walk up and down the sidewalk in front of my house, at least once. Hope it's not hot out there tomorrow.

hey, while writing this, boyfriend called me. He'd called me earlier tonight, told me his big toe was numb, and it hurt like crazy. Asked if he should go back to the hospital. I told him that if he was questioning me if he should go to the hospital because his toe was numb and it hurt...that he probably should go.

He went back, and it turns out that his big toe was dislocated. (OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!)

They numbed him up, put it back in place, and sent him home. He says it feels so much better. He didn't sleep at all last night because of the pain. He gets his walking cast in the morning. He's excited that he might get to go to work tomorrow.

Now I'm happy that boyfriend isn't in pain anymore. He can sleep again, and go back to work. I'm excited that he's feeling better. Not surprised that he dislocated the toe. I can almost picture how he put his foot down, in the Fred Flintstone maneuver to try to stop the crash. Kind of hoping he can come into town next weekend to go car shopping with me.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote