View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 03:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

Thank you all for your responses. I'm just glad that my brain hadn't made the stuff up about magnesium and I was correct to be hesitant.

I have been using cinnamon daily for a few months and noticed no difference what so ever. I have it on my porridge in vast amounts as I love the taste. So that's a little disappointing.

I have to Google what the UK version of acetaminophen was lol! We know it as paracetamol. I take regular doses of paracetamol as it boosts the uptake of the opiates I take and adds its own painkilling properties into the mix.

I've done some further research and it seems to be people with EDS have absorption issues so maybe that's why the medications and the cinnamon aren't working. Just don't really know where to go from here.

Increasing my opiates is not a route I currently want to go down as last night with an increased dose I managed two hours sleep. I was also driven crazy by my skin being itchy, affectionately known by me as the morphine itches!

I'm going to look at increasing my magnesium intake through my diet and see how I get on. I know its probably going to take a while for it to have any effect. At the moment my pain levels are manageabl 6/10 on a daily basis, where as previously they had been a 2 or 3 out of ten. I will use heat pads etc as I always do to try and help reduce the pain and relax my muscles.

Thank you all for responding so quickly

Rach xx
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote