View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 09:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's true...honor the feeling of wanting to help, even if it may not be in the same setting. You will transition from this to some one different.

Then, there may be another student body to teach. (It's my secret mantra now getting me through).

My lawsuit settled, but after health insurance took their liens (I had no idea they could recoup their costs! I thought that was what premiums were. no wonder they have record profits. how am I ever to save for years of not being able to work!) No closure.

I saw the neuro-ophalmologist yesterday. After almost a year, little change in my vision. Very frustrating. Breathe.

Be kind to yourself. There will be some good change. Some kindness along the way. Some chocolate. Some rainbows. Some hugs. Promise.

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-09-2014), Living_Dazed (05-13-2014)