View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliejayne View Post
Well, update from the Eye doctors.
1st doctor, 1st diagnosis was astigmatism, so I was sent away to get new glasses. Doctor refused to listen to my complaints that it got worse during the day and recovered overnight.
New glasses, helped, slightly. But the problem remained even with the glasses.
2nd doctor, 2nd diagnosis, cataracts. I insisted that I didn't consider that that fitted with the symptoms that I have. Doctor ummed and ahhed. Checked further, then admitted that there was no appreciable clouding of the lens, so probably not cataracts.
The 2 of them then got their heads together, and dismissed me with, "well we can find nothing in the eye that could be causing the problem. So it must be neurological"

What a waste of effort. Why don't medical people ever want to find answers?
The neurologist has already said that it can't be neurological as it is bilateral (in both eyes). I am hoping that the blood test come back positive for MG, then I can go back to both Neuro and Eye doctors and say... hey guess what... you were wrong.

Hi JulieJayne, I noticed in a previous post that Annie suggested you see a Neuro Opthamologist. Have you done so? You say you've seen two different eye dr's.
with unsatisfactory results. If neither one was a neuro opthamologist, please consider making an appt with one. I searched for 8 years trying to find a dx. Within 10 minutes of an exam by a neuro opthamologist, he suggested that I had MG.
Sometimes we just need to keep searching for doctors that understand MG and know what to look for - not to mention, one that is willing to listen.
Good luck to you
Jan
Maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (05-09-2014)