View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 02:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
After 2 months of no flare-ups I had a nasty one that is lasting 3 weeks. It happened to correspond with trying to go back to work. This is the worst of my symptoms. I get nerve/burning pain in the back of my neck that gets worse as the day goes on.Sometimes around my armpits and down my arm and in my upper back.I have started taking neurontin and celebrex during the day. Only 300 mg, so I dont get too tired but I dont think it is helping. The numbness in my pinky is mostly gone. My Trapezius muscles get really tight. No one ever seems to talk about the back of the neck or the traps and I continually wonder if it comes from my C-5 6 disc bulge and bone spurs.

Do other TOS sufferers get nerve pain in the back of the neck and top of shoulder? How many of you have c-5/6 disc bulges? I am doing what I did the first time I got it to calm down,(microcurrent and ozone injections) but its all very expensive and I dont know which worked.

I am contemplating getting the disc taken care of now to eliminate it as a suspect-i.e.facet block injections, epidural,disc surgery etc. Will give it a couple more months and going to try a new pain doc to help manage drugs, injections etc.
Hello jkl626.Your not alone,before my cervical fusion 2012 i also tried going back to work on light duty.Wich was just going around with a light push broom,it was hell the same symptoms you are having.After my c6/7 fusion continue deep stabbing pain at base of skull/bi-lateral carpal tunnel conclusion failed surgery.Just some advice if you do go through the surgery and the fusion is solid but your still in same or different pain do not hesitate to let the surgeon know.Mine would say you have a solid fusion and i would ask why am i worse, of course no response,So good luck!By the way you might know all those inj. if they do work are only temp!
dspine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote