Thread: Surgeries
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 05:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaRose View Post
I'm so sorry I couldn't find this post again. I'm just new at this and having a lot of trouble knowing the correct way to reply. I wondered if your symptoms could have been the same as mine. the MDV that I have read up on is saying it works best with a-typical symptoms. Mine started out with the lightning bolts thru the side of my face the a-typical. Now in the past 6 months it has gone from that to burning even after I have the lightning bolts. Probably 85% of the day it goes on. I'm going in for another consultation and trying to gather questions to ask. Like I said I am glad I found this post again. I was searching for you and sent a message to someone else who probably really thing I've lost it. I am so happy you surgery worked and pray it continue for you. I also pray it will be the help I need. Oh I almost forgot to ask how long of a recovery to except. Thanks Donna
Hello DonnaRose

I had MVD surgery 1.5 years after being diagnosed with type 1 TN. The one that causes you to have random SEVERE electrical shocks in your face. My doctors tried all 3 of the major meds for TN but nothing worked for me. During that time I had to quit working and driving. My life was pure misery. After having the MVD surgery, I was totally episode free. I have been free of this disease for 3 years now. It took me about a month to recover at home and then a month after that I was back to work. Surgery literally gave me my life back. Yes, the surgery is scary (after all they will cut a hole in your skull) but well worth it in my opinion. If you go the MVD surgery route, please find an experienced Neurosurgeon that has performed a lot of these.

My heart goes out to you because I know exactly how you feel....

Ken
Zatochi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote