View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
When i was working I would get a very strong burning pain in my upper back/neck muscles and the C-T junction of the neck.
For awhile I could recover over the weekends but as soon as I was back at work for a few hrs it would start to burn & ache again escalating each day.. until finally it was a constant pain..
then they put me on modified work prepping parts , but it was still repetitive and forward postures..so still went downhill.. til I got put off work totally.

That was when the PT was able to start to be effective, while working it could not offset the 10 hr days of work.

It was a work comp claim so had to play it their way...kind of wasted some time & healing but I didn't find out about TOS until later in the injury.

I don't recall what kind of work you do , but if you can modify it or change to something less likely to aggravate TOS , I suggest thinking about that..

What kind of info do you have on your c spine disk/spurs? MRI report and how recent?
I have some anterior spurs but as of 2005 MRI they didn't pose any issue.
I have mri's and Emg's which show disc bulge, moderate to severe foraminal narrowing and bone spurs. I left that behind because my pinky was getting numb instead of my thumb and Dr. Jordan and others felt that it was the TOS causing everything, but that I may have both.

In terms of work, I do work with my arm and lean forward drawing over a drafting table and I have not worked in almost 3 years. I went to work for 5 days to try it out. It actually wasnt the work that brought it on this time as I had the flare up before I started the job. It was miserable to work but it wasnt making it worse. I had 2 good days where I had no flare up. I feel like I overstreched it with a karate strap or showing my husband some yoga moves on our vacation. I also feel like I strained my upper back in the scalpula area again which I believe is the source. I am wondering if it is the long thoracic nerve that gets flared-(Something Dr. Filler suggested long ago but Dr. Jordan dissed. Ugh. I need to research that. So complicated!
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote