Thread: Surgeries
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 07:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaRose View Post
I'm so sorry I couldn't find this post again. I'm just new at this and having a lot of trouble knowing the correct way to reply. I wondered if your symptoms could have been the same as mine. the MDV that I have read up on is saying it works best with a-typical symptoms. Mine started out with the lightning bolts thru the side of my face the a-typical. Now in the past 6 months it has gone from that to burning even after I have the lightning bolts. Probably 85% of the day it goes on. I'm going in for another consultation and trying to gather questions to ask. Like I said I am glad I found this post again. I was searching for you and sent a message to someone else who probably really thing I've lost it. I am so happy you surgery worked and pray it continue for you. I also pray it will be the help I need. Oh I almost forgot to ask how long of a recovery to except. Thanks Donna
Sorry to be slow responding. I am traveling.

I thought the MVD worked mostly for typical TN which is the lightning bolts of pain, but check that out with a doctor. I started with the bolts and over a few weeks they became more frequent and intense. Before I was started on meds i had worked up to constant intense pain. I could do nothing but lie in bed. When i started Tegretol, I would take a dose in the morning, the pain would go completely away, then maybe 8 hours later the meds would wear off and in an instant the constant pain would hit and all I could do was go lie down. I couldn't even finish writing a paragraph on the computer. Once I got on medication, I never got the steady pain again.

I think my recover was only about a week or ten days. I was in the hospital for maybe five days. There were probably restrictions that went on longer - like not getting the surgery site wet. I had some bad headaches for a day or two after i got home. That's about all I remember.