View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Sue:

I got a script, a letter saying, I needed shoes, I picked out the shoes I did the whole thing. And I called up Empire and they agreed, YES, I'M ENTITLED TO SHOES.

But when the doctor's office submitted the request (with all the paperwork included), it got denied "BECAUSE EMPIRE SAID THEY USED THE WRONG CODES".

So now we have to do the whole thing over again.

Oh, I misread you about the MRSA test, I apologize. I thought you said that Alan should go for a MRSA test now. Well, as a matter of fact, the day after the infusion, Alan went for all Blood work. We get the results today.

I will ask Dr. Fred about MRSA. (Believe me, I'm as concerned as you are).

I just took a look at his foot. It looks fine. Still the little hole there (after he debrided all around it. It's nice a clean, but still there's the little hole.

I think Dr. Baird will shave down the bone so Alan stops getting this ulcer.
It re-occurs because of the bone underneath it. Puts pressure on it. I mean, it's over a year now. I think they have no other choice.

So we're keeping him off his feet (only going out to see Dr. Fred).

One good thing about Alan, he heals like a champ. I mean the last time, he had a whole the size of a quarter on the bottom of his foot, and three days later, it was healed. He's amazing.

BUT THEN AGAIN, HE'S NOT DIABETIC!!!!!

will update and thanks for being so nice.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote