View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 12:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Had the nerve block fri, and today I feel like i'm dying!
Pain is just as bad and worse in the ditch of my arm. I rly didn't think it could get worse.
Called my pmd and they just casually tell me to come in on the second of apr.
Taking 30mg of hydrocodone 3x a day and NOTHING STOPS IT!
I just want to go home
Hi Casey, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I too have rsd and understand what you're going through. If I were you I would ask you pm dr about taking neurontin along with your other pain med if they can be combined. I take percocet and neurontin and the combo helps alot more with the pain then if I just took the percocet alone. I take them both three times a day for over three years now. I take 600 mg of neurontin/gapapentin 3x daily and 5/325 mg of percs 3x daily. They help me alot more then the 8 nerveblocks I had done early on in my journey with rsd. Don't give up. You just need to find the right combo of drugs to help you with the pain and the right pm dr to prescribe it for you. Also beware of SCS. Sometimes some pm drs try to push that. I didn't do it because my neurologist said it was too risky because of chance of infection which could make my rsd worse. It's up to you but I decided to stick with the meds for now. My neurologist also prescribed prednisone early on for a few months and that helped more then the nerveblocks. It brings swelling down which makes it possible to gain more movement before atrophy sets in. I will pray that you feel better soon. Sincerely, Renee.