Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 01:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

Another week in the books, and another week of improvement. Keeping a journal or record of where you have been and where you are has proved to be important. I may still have pain and discomfort, but I look back at some of the things I couldn't do just a month or two ago.

Today I was running some errands with my wife. Being mothers day weekend I made it a point to get out and do some of the things she wanted to. A month ago I would have made it a point to stay home as I couldn't tolerate wearing shoes and socks, let alone leaving the house or being on my feet for a couple hours. I mostly hobbled around the house in either slippers or sandals, and somehow bit my lip when I had to wear shoes to work (tennis shoes at a job that requires very little standing thank god)

Well I wore a comfortable pair of tennis shoes and some thin polyester socks and I must say it wasn't too bad walking around those 2 1/2 hours. The small flares the past few days have been very minor and I've been very productive around the house the past week doing chores I just wasn't physically able to do in the not so distant past.

I hope for continued healing and improvement. My physical and mental state is at the best it's been this year. Until next time I wish everyone good health and well being.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (05-11-2014), glenntaj (05-11-2014), mrsD (05-11-2014)