View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 08:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Still waiting...

I am still waiting to hear from neuro about blood work that was sent out two weeks ago yesterday. I called their office yesterday but just got voicemail. I had two bad days, Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday it hurt to breath too deep. I kinda got scared but it relaxed after a while. When I go to doctors, they listen to me breath and everything sounds fine, but it hurts sometimes to breath. Feels like something is stuck in chest. I've been to a pulmonologist before (2 years ago) and was diagnosed with mild COPD, but he didn't take me too seriously but sent me to pulmonary rehab. Because I have days where everything is fine and my breathing isn't labored at all, he though it was all in my head. He said that if they look deep enough they can find something wrong with anyone. Obviously he didn't look deep enough for me because I was finally diagnosed by my GP with B12 defieciency so bad that I could have died. My levels were at 89 where they should have been well over 500 by my neuro's standards. They are now over 2000 with weekly B12 shots.

Anyway, thanks for the vent. I am getting so tired of waiting for help. My therapist sure doesn't think this is all in my head. I've also been put on anti-depressants that did nothing to help. The only time I get depressed is when my health prevents me from doing what I want to do!!!

Jackie
jackieinbama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote