View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyrition View Post
I have a good partner... Accountant, not massage expertise
The expertise can be acquired, if your partner is willing. A few years back we went (we usually go to each others' appointments) to a certified myofascial trigger point therapist on the recommendation of my then pain management doctor. She was excellent and helped me a lot. I needed to return a couple of times, and the third time she said (words to effect) it was silly for us to keep paying her for the same treatment; she could teach my wife how to do it. She did just that, and my DW has been helping me calm down the arthritis in my neck (I can't take NSAIDs) and stave off headaches/migraines several times a week ever since.

I doubt trigger point massage would work for lupus—it's too intense; my point is that there may be some type of Lupus-appropriate massage that your partner could learn in order to help you.

I hear what you're saying about reviews, but I kinda doubt Amazon does that considering the number & scope of negative reviews they get (e.g. "Save your money", "Not what I expected", "Don't bother-a waste of time", "too much pressure, not enough heat", "OUCH!" ...)

Another thought that just occurred to me (so I haven't checked it out)... Surgical supply stores. They may have/know of units, they usually allow trials of some sort, and it may even be something reimbursible if it's therapeutic and your doctor (another source to ask) orders/prescribes it.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 05-12-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
abbyrition (05-12-2014)