View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Anxiety, and ruminating on negative things, ("my anxiety makes things worse"), is unfortunately a cognitive/emotional symptom of this crazy thing we live with.

Believe me, we all have and still go through times where we feel like we are at wits end and are unsure what to do next or what to try. That being said, there is hope. The more you experience what makes you get worse, (for me- too much screen time), the more your brain and spirit learn, (for me- Hey! turn the computer off now or you're going to be in bed for the next two days!).

Once you get comfortable with what makes you feel better and what makes you feel worse, you can make choices.

For me- Choices:
(1) If I stay on the computer longer, I may start to feel sick, but I really miss seeing my friends and family. My mom just emailed me, so I will read it and reply because potentially feeling sick will be worth it to me because I will have connected with her;

Or,(2) I'm just going to write a quick reply;

Or (3) I will respond tomorrow because I need to feel good for something I have going on tonight.

Ps. Sorry your doc doesn't get it, but we will ALWAYS be here for you
What Happened: On 3/8/11 I was stopped waiting to merge into traffic when I was rear ended by someone doing 45 mph. I walked away from the accident, to fall into the pit of PCS 5 days later... (I have had 2 previous concussions, but neither developed into PCS.)

Symptoms 3 Years Post: Physical: migraines, infrequent vertigo, neck and back pain (from accident), tinnitus, visual field deficits in left eye, problematic light sensitivity, (including visual seizure activity), noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, semi-frequent disrupted sleep cycles,
Cognitive: semi-frequent Brain fog after cognitive strain, limited bouts of impulsivity, unable to concentrate for more than short periods of time without fatigue, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory;
Emotional: easily overstimulated, depression, anxiety;

Treatment so far: Vestibular therapy; Physical Therapy; Vision Therapy; Vitamin Schedule; Limited caffeine; Medications; attempting to limit stress and overstimulation; Yoga; Cognitive Therapy
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-12-2014)