View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Introduction

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed on my 13th birthday with CRPS Type 1 (formerly RSD) in my right foot. I had a soccer injury that involved a girl twice my size crushing my foot and then hitting that same foot a few days later. Looking back, I was always very sensitive to hot and cold and pain.

We went in for 2 MRI's, 3 X-rays and a few other tests thinking it was broken or i had torn a muscle, ligament or tendon. At this point it had only been a few weeks and we went to my pediatrician. Her husband, an orthopedic, had actually just talked with her a few days ago about "RSD" and some symptoms. So she sent me to him. My foot was cold, I couldn't walk, my foot turned blue, and i could sleep from the pain. He took one look at it and told me it was RSD and immediately put me on amitriptyline for sleep. That summer I relearned how to walk at the beach, per his suggestion as sand is easier to walk on and swimming would help. It was painful at first, but after a few months, i was able to walk again.

Honestly I can say I am very very fortunate to get an early diagnosis, at the time, my Dr was surprised since I was so young, but still I am glad I got treatment. i still have flair ups after injury (considering all the times Ive had them) but instead of medication I got to either my acupuncturist or my acupressurist and constantly rub or touch the area to desensitize it.
jessiebell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote