View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

I use an automatic camera. It has several settings you select from a wheel on top. When I am outside shooting an animal or bird or butterfly, it might focus on a near object and blur the subject. So I set it on Landscape before I went out there. This is rather a fail safe setting and I use it for nature/water shots, sunsets etc. It was sunny out so there was plenty of light. All I had to do was zoom some. It also has some jiggle stabilization, but when I get real excited it is hard to hold still even with it.

This is a Sony 20x zoom, and has really been nice for me.
I was never really into film cameras... too much time between the shooting and developing. But the digitals give instant results and now I love taking photos!

Here is a new one of Mrs. Goldfinch taking some nesting cotton I took yesterday:

And the second one is Mrs. QuackQuack in our yard yesterday, illustrating the distance focus advantage with Landscape tool.

You know we haven't seen Mr. QuackQuack at all since Sunday morning. He likes to sit on the neighbor's mansard roof, and I wonder if a hawk took him? She was here alone today again. sigh. I hope he is just sitting on the eggs for her, so she can visit our feeder. They have been very tame and here alot more this spring than usual.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-02-2014 at 05:54 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-13-2014)