Thread: New to ebay?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Ebay is holding your funds? That is awful!

I like Ebay as a buyer...but I am very very careful. I don't think I could ever become a seller. It is too complex for me.

I also use Ebay as a learning tool. I like to watch various topics besides the ones I usually do (vintage apothecary/pharmaceutical/medical and art supplies). Buying gently used art supplies or wholesale lots saves me tons of cash.

This year alone I have purchased 4 vintage display drawers brush holders etc, that were very reasonable. They are lots of fun in my studio now! 3 are wood and one metal.

I have heard Ebay sellers gripe quite a bit though. So I don't think I would ever become a seller. I really scope out sellers, and watch their bidding offers before using them. I prefer Buy it Now offers too, because the shills are not there. Some of the the offers I'd like to have are terribly shilled. I found one today with elevating items....who has 1000 bids in the past 30 days, and you know, that is highly suspect IMO. I won't bid on a shiller seller.

But you know I have some really nifty items thanks to Ebay. I used to get angry in the past. Now I just think: ppppfffffTTTTTT...God doesn't want me to have "that" item, when it passes my budget limits or has shills playing games on it. Dishonest sellers also package sloppily leading to damaged goods on arrival. It is always best to avoid any hinky people on Ebay.

But I have purchased things from new sellers...not high priced things, and when I do (not often though) lately it turned out well for me. Newbies don't have an army of fake bidders, and are eager to get their feedback up and willing to please. I sent a message with payment urging them to pack my sensitive art supplies to avoid damage. And so far that has worked well, this year for me. I also avoid the shipping greed ...anyone who inflates shipping doesn't get my business.

Right now I am learning about fishing lures...but I also like to look at Akro glass and marbles, some vintage toys (I like Bambi and Looney Tunes), puzzles, etc. I've met and corresponded with several wonderful people/sellers on Ebay!

I started on Ebay years ago to find Corelle New Visions glass cookware, which I prefer because it is clean and not contaminated, but no longer made. But then, I became habituated to Ebay over time....LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote