View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 02:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm in a tough spot because exercise is one of the things that triggers my flare ups (consisting of generalized fatigue and nerve inflammation lasting a few days post-exertion).

So I've tried to avoid exercise for the last 6 years but now my cholesterol is getting quite high and I've gained weight as well.

According to this article exercise should reduce inflammation of the nerves including inflammatory cytokines etc... I wish I understood why it seems to have the opposite effect with me.

I'm still thinking that the underlying cause for my flare ups is metabolic like a ph issue or possibly hypoglycemic episodes, lactic acidosis or something like this.

I'm sure that if I spent a week in the hospital while they ran tests and had me run on treadmill to induce a flare up and they measured all the changes in my body that they would find the underlying cause. It's really frustrating that because my illness is so unconventional that the will of the doctors to get to the bottom of it or to invest such resources as having me admitted for a week is sorely lacking. I'm in Canada so it's not like I can just pay to have them do what I want.

I'm guess I'm just going to try to do these tests on my own, like I can buy a blood sugar monitor for ex.
Nebulous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote