View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Actually, I was thinking it doesn't sound too bad. What it all means is that your spine is aging like the rest of you. Lower back problems are the price we pay (as humans) for walking upright (not like we have a choice).

You've got some arthritis there, some bone spurs (osteophytes is the medical-ese word for bone spurs), and some beginnings of degenerative disc disease, all of which are typical for someone our age.

I couldn't/wouldn't either confirm or rule out sciatic involvement at all at this point.

Quote:
CT guided facet joint injection appears indicated.
This is a recommendation for an injection into the facet joints at L5/S1, using Computed Tomography (CT, like a CAT scan) to help the doctor guide where the needle is going.

http://www.spine-health.com/treatmen...int-injections

My guess (we're not doctors here) is that your doctor may or may not do the injections right off (they may or may not work), but will likely prescribe some physical therapy. Impact on your health depends on how those go. It's not going to shorten your life or anything, but you'll likely have to slow down a little. No more of this stuff...

About all you can do for the time being is take an OTC NSAID (ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, but don't combine them) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) and take it easy.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 05-15-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
possum62 (05-16-2014)