View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 12:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You would have to...........

Post this and pique my curiosity and get my neuroscience, up to a semi-understanding again, wouldn't you, when i just want to forget about that complex can of worms! Many of the papers and references i read and see that at least some researchers are delving into receptor modulation, in an attempt to determine the effects of the endogenous ligand anandamide, or the partial CB1 and/ or CB2 partial agonists, The cannabinoids , and what effects could be modulated by looking at interaction with excitatory amino acid agonists and antagonists, but most of it was studies on the striatal dopaminergic
system. The motor effects of cannabis agonists/antagonists are a different story (i think). I also think that both dopaminergic compartments in the brain use the endogenous ligand, and it's natural mimics, exerting different effects down the g-protein cascade. I am not by any means familiar with the work that has been done lately in neurochemistry, that would allow me to make an educated guess exactly what cannabinoids do in different brains, and also why some people react to cannabinoids so differently. This is kind of a mystery (not just the psychological effects, but the pain relief, and anticonvulsant/ antiseizure, antiemetic, and other physiological effects. That aside, all i have to say is that every parky should at least try it and we can build a picture of its true usefulness (or not) in PD.And last but not least my thoughts could be about as useful as a lump of coal nowadays.

Last edited by ol'cs; 05-15-2014 at 01:02 AM.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (05-15-2014), Tupelo3 (05-15-2014)