View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thanks to all, for support & info.

wish more to say..
wonder if others don't post (more) because of problems expressing--
what's going on
or don't Know --reference to son (Nancy's???) -who didn't know had headache! How to express intangibles ??? or even want to, fears of being labled "crazy' --tho that's how it feels, IS

"The Hidden Epidemic" -- film about depression, suicide & PCS
-sorry lost the thought--just now news story about murder/suicide; a mother who killed self & daughters in TX(?) reported to have been "depressed" -- when does Depression become more-- danger to self & others?? what to do to illuminate the Hidden, before tragedy.
(this is as much as I can connect these as my thinking fogs, fades.....)
confusing, illustration of distraction --and sensitivy to sound--Tv is not near. even birds distract.... where was I going???

too often thoughts with intention of saying something.... then.... lose
intent .... seeking words, ways... even here, feel should apolgize... or not post

I want to contribute someting , more, than confused ramblings...
than "whine" to others (many posts deleted)
Sharing has benefits but how to connect w/ others when feel so at affect of so many things
I read posts (here & in other Forums)
wish I could add Links that are helpful as so many do, but I can't figure it out; I'm having problems using computer

I wanted to ask what other's have tried for fatigue; and reference info. from Forum: Vitamins, supplements, herbs & Minerals --Re: Methyl B12
this info. may help others. I began to use Methyl B12 week ago-no marked improvement yet but others report success -don't know if had TBi or PCS but state did help other neuro & cognitive issues. Label states:"this superior form of B12 -Methylcobalamin protects Brain cells & Nerve tissues, & promotes Better Sleep" ....lots more in Forum on Vitamins...

link that was posted by ??Lara? RE: conditions that can occur after TBi
read article (tho don't recall many details now) could summarize please?? or share thoughts? result of TBi or "pre-dispositon"--
know disorders like Thyroid can create body wide dysfunction; prblems w/
memory, fatigue, sleep & more...
what other conditions that are Not typically associated w/ TBi or PCS

my head's spinning... hope something clear in my ramblings, that can help or will create dialogue for answers.... so many questions...

again, thanks

ps.. RE: alternatives or things that may help --has anyone tried? results??
Neurofeedback or any Biofeedback
5_HTP - supplement -heard it's been helpful in "treatment resistant depression" and other conditions
Herbs--Ginko or others for brain function, or just symtomatic relief
Aromatherapy--Lavendar (I found does help headaches) others can added to enhance, again per symptom-
too much to list here; lots of info. on internet, books , detailing suggested use.
Traditional Chinese Medicine--more "wholistic" in vew & treatment. I'm looking into this, esp. Medical QiGong

I've not been able to tolerate most meds ( antidepressants, anticonvulsives, etc) that are usually given to treat many of the symptoms of PCS & related conditions. Heard increased sensitivity to meds does occur w/ PCS
which has made treating PCS symtoms more challenging for me. sure they're many things haven't tried yet.

I know we're all different but wonder what others have done or are doing for PCS

Last edited by pono; 05-30-2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: add
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote