Thread: Low B-12 Levels
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Intentionally Lowering my B12

Was wondering if anyone has an educated knowledgable opinion on my predicament. I was diagnosed with MS about 3 years ago after an MRI showed lesions on brain and spine. My symptoms occurred around 2005. It seems like I had about a year during that time where everything seemed to start happening. Loos of left leg control, bladder problems, etc.. Looking back, I also started drinking obscene quantities of energy drinks and 5/hour energy around 2006. I haven't had any progression in symptoms since then. My thought is that maybe I never had MS but had a vitamin b-12 deficiency. The energy drinks have the equivalent of about 1000% of my daily value and I've literally been drinking them daily for the past 8 years. I'm wondering if I was deficient prior to 2006 but it would have never turned up on blood work when I was tested during my diagnosis for MS because the energy drinks, etc., returned my b-12 levels to normal. I don't have any tests on my b-12 levels prior to 2011. I'm actually thinking about stopping my b-12 intake to see if levels get lower and to see if I actually end up deficient. How long would it take for my levels to drop once I stop b-12 intake? Thought? Thanks!
cisco7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote