View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Pattid

Hi Pattid,
This MRI has a lot to digest. I am not the best at this. The woman who is, is out getting treatment herself. My best advise would be to start looking up each word in each sentence, digesting each sentence separately. The more you know the language the better it will be when treatment options are discussed with you. You want to be educated so that you will understand everything. Make sure you get a second opinion no matter what is talked about with you and your neurologist.
I can help you break down some of these points in your MRI. Most noticeable are the Vertebra that impinge on the nerve root. This is the disc pressing on the nerve, that hurts, no question about it. You have several that are in this condition. Words that I know most about are absent. Usually clue words are given, as in "Mild", "Moderate" or " severe" . That is a big indicator on where you are in terms of a surgical solution. The "severe" gets attention of course first. You also have some degenerative changes. Some of these, not all, comes with aging. Let me know if you want me to start helping you with looking these up. I google up each term separately, keeping a book of kind.
Don't get overwhelmed, even though much is presented to you. Take one step at a time with this process.
How do you like your physician? How long have you had this condition and pain? Have you had any kind of conservative treatment? Keep in touch. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote