View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Keywords: "derived from"...

And the "mixture of compounds" is just THC and CBD, the same as literally hundreds of MMJ products, many of which are now being grown organically under strict, controlled conditions and offered without the following additives of Sativex:

Extraction solvent: Liquid carbon dioxide
Excipients: Ethanol anhydrous, Propylene glycol
That's how hemp oil is extracted, and made atomizable for the delivery method. (See links below)

You're concerned about liquid CO2? Ethanol is the alcohol in liquor. I won't get into a debate about propylene glycol; I'll just point out that it's probably in more products you're already using than you realize. Anyone who uses an e-cigarette type vaporizor as a delivery method is going to be breathing ethanol and propylene glycol (which is one of my issues with the cussed things, but that's not what we're talking about).

Quote:
Propylene glycol is considered generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and it is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used in electronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerin. Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients they are filled with.[4] Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propyle...l#Applications
The Uses of Propylene Glycol in Daily Life

If they bother you, be sure to find out how any hemp oil you get is "derived"/extracted.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Medical-Marijuana-Oil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZXGH6mYr3Y

And how do these methods test/ensure purity and potency, and deliver measured dosage?

I've yet to see that with ANY "natural" MMJ products, and that's my point. Doctors are used to medications they can prescribe precisely.

You should realize by now from my previous posts, I'm not the opposition here.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (05-21-2014), eva5667faliure (05-19-2014)