Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Rant

What is with providers?! I was not getting results from the Gyn providers so saw a PA last Friday at my primary because my doctor was off that day. He tried to give me Flagyl again and we had a fight about that, "How do you know you have neuropathy?" etc. He thought I had diverticulitis and prescribed Augmentin and Cipro. I knew better than to take the Cipro but he made me feel like a hypochondriac so didn't say anything and hoped I would survive.

By Monday I was so sick they told me to go to ER for fast imaging. I was admitted and had IV antibiotics for a couple of days and came home Wednesday and restarted oral antis as was told to do. GUESS WHAT!!! Got up this AM with severe neuropathy symptoms and have just spent an unpleasant interlude on the phone with PCP nurse, "What kind of symptoms are you having? How do you know the med is triggering them?" On and on and on....

I am so tired of fighting with doctors about my side effects, I have been sick enough that if she calls back and says PCP said I have to continue the Cipro I will have to do it.

judi (wah)
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-16-2014), eva5667faliure (05-16-2014), Lara (05-17-2014), Theta Z (05-17-2014)