View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

I don't know which specific videos you mean, or if they'll be relevant to your particular situation, but at any rate, try to think of some of this in terms of sticker shock—give yourself some time to get used to the idea. As I said, they may try physical therapy first (there are studies indicating that longterm results of PT are as good as surgery for some conditions. I've posted them in other threads). Maybe take your research further; I grabbed a link I thought would be informative, but there's a lot more out there with different perspectives and presentations.

Keep in mind also that if it freaks you out too much, you always have the right to refuse/postpone treatment, ask for alternatives, more conservative procedures, second/third/etc. opinions...

There are nearly always options.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
possum62 (05-16-2014)