View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 01:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Multiple hits to the head

Hey guys this is my first post and I wanted to give you my history of getting smacked in the head (17 yrs old). About 2 or 3 months ago I was playing lacrosse and a rather large fellow checked me in the head pretty hard. I was confused and dazed for a moment, say out for most of that game. The next day I practiced and everything, however I was getting winded easily, told coaches and they said it may be a concussion.
So I went to see a doctor and she said I had one, however I had no headache, only trouble with memory, concentration, irritability, and overall cognition. I rested well for a few weeks and decided to play again as I was feeling better. I was hit in the head again, with a lot less force than the first time. I was dazed for a second and quit playing. After this pretty much sat out for the rest of the season.
Despite siting out over the past ~~ 2 months or so, I've managed to be repeatedly plagued by knocks to the head. I was tossing the ball around with some friends and got hit in the head, I've bumped my head on things many times, I'd say around 10 or more small bumps to head. I've never gotten headaches really but every time is hit my head it'd seem like id be a little more sluggish/foggy, then I'd start feeling a lot better only to do it again.
I was feeling pretty good last weekend, until a couple days ago I was driving with my girlfriend and she stopped suddenly and I jolted forward a bit, however I didn't hit my head. Then yesterday's friend who was driving suddenly stopped at a stopped sign, jolting me forward even harder, but again not hitting my head. Today I still have no headache but I just feel foggy and mad that this keeps happening. To make it worse I have admittedly drank and smoke a few times on the days where I'm feeling like me again, tht seems to have an effect for a day or two after.
So with all of these sub concussive impacts, do you think I could've done some permanent damage? It really depresses me and provokes my anxiety considering I'm only 17 years old. However ive never had headaches which is a good thing. I just don't feel like myself, I don't feel as quick witted and deep thinking as I used to be, I just want to go back to normal . Do you think if I take it easy and rest I'll recover fully? Is this actual damage or just PCS would you guys say. Any input is wanted, please I am desperate, thank you
Jajaa1221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote