View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The no headache thing is a little odd, but not unique. I was in the same sort of cycle as you a couple years ago. For 3 years straight I could not get a break, I just got bumped and jostled until I stopped counting because the number of bumps was too depressing. I now say that I have had between 4-12 concussions and multiple additional bumps to my head. But one day, two years ago, I got my last concussion/bump and I have been free of any further injury since. I didn't start doing anything differently, it just stopped. I don't know about permanent damage, but just give yourself time.
If it is permanent stressing about it will not help, so just live life as the new you and if it gets better then great, but if it does not, well at least you have started on the road to coping with the new you. I am determined to stay away from any more opportunity for concussions, but I still maintain a life, just a calmer life.
Rest is great, but for me it is important to still have fun so that I do not become depressed by my injury.

It has been 2 years since my last concussion, and I am fairly high-functioning. I have headaches daily, but they are less obtrusive and I am better able to cope. I am also better at noticing when I need to slow down, or when I need to have that cup of coffee to offset the oncoming storm.

I enjoy a beer every night, it makes the pain a little more pointed, but the relaxation effect is worth it.

DO NOT GET ANY MORE HEADACHES!!!! Tell your friends so that they are careful.
Good Luck!
In Christ,
Margarite

Fell off a horse in late winter of 2009 blacked out for a couple seconds, had amnesia for 10 hours (still don't remember this time), had 2 CT scans, 2 MRI's, 1 MRA all negative. Since the first concussion I have continually knocked my head into different things purely by accident or from being stupid. These many concussions over a short period of time have caused
constant migraines, nausea, and dizziness/lack of balance.
Migraine triggers are:
light sensitivity (especially to florescent or bright lights)
sound sensitivity (especially to high pitched or loud sounds)
temperature sensitivity (especially to cold or extreme heat)
activity (especially if breathing increases or head is jostled)
pressure on head (sinuses, hats, headbands, sunglasses, pony-tails)
lacks or quality (food, sleep, water)
tension (stress, tight muscles, tired eyes, sickness)
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote