View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 04:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Chat Newly diagnosed!

Hello everyone. I am a 60 year old female. I retired the first week of September, 2013. I then proceeded to get a shingles vaccination. 4 weeks later my feet started tingling and felt weird. My GP said it sounded like sciatic, even though I told him no leg pain. He suggested I see a podiatrist as I was having pain on the top of my right foot. An X-Ray was his contribution and no other suggestions when X-Ray showed no physical problem. I ignored the numbness in my feet over the holidays, etc. Went on vacation in March this year and found it was very painful to swim. I immediately made another appointment with my GP who after exam finally referred me to a neurologist for NCS/EMC, abnormal.
Referred to another neurologist who ordered multiple labs, etc. Also was sent to a hematologist due to high protein. Full skeletal X-ray to rule out multiple myeloma. Then a spinal tap which was supportive of CIDP. Started reading up on that, then my neurologist order another blood test which showed really high MAG igM. Received a call yesterday saying antiMag cause of my PN. Mysymptoms right now are mostly my very tingling, numb, and electric shocking feet. My left hand has numbness starting in the two smaller fingers. As of now no muscle weakness. I am meeting with her Tuesday to discuss treatment. Any opinions as to whether a very high antibody count warrants immediate treatment? I am in the Chicago area and will be getting a second opinion at Rush. Thanks, and it is nice to find this forum.
Mamasucci is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote