View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Greetings

Hello and welcome to our world! Some of us here have had more issues then others mine is covering the area I originally had pain in and we have "tweeked" it several times for additional coverage in some areas. I am on my 3rd unit. 1st unit I ran through the battery in no time. My second one the leads were disconnected during a fall in which I dislocated my shoulder. This unit will be at its "end of life" in the next year or two I will have it replaced at that time. I can honestly tell you I would literally not been able to live any longer the way it was. It took YEARS for my diagnosis to be made. I saw many different orthopedic, primary care and pain management doctors. In the end I went to an orthopedic Dr who took care of the Nebraska football players. When he walked into the exam room he was looking at my xrays and reports from others, was sounding like the same old tap and dance, then he LOOKED at me, looked at my leg and told me without even touching me what my diagnosis was! He was quiet frank about the prognosis since it had taken so long to be diagnosed but he started me down the correct path. Im not saying the SCS is perfect but it does cover the areas that the leads were placed to cover. As my areas of pain spread I have had different treatments for those areas. There are other success stories on this site but most of those come around occasionally. Look for Mark56 threads for his entire journey through his own personal hell and back. Don't give up hope keep looking and keep trying to find what works best for you!
z
psalms 91:11
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-20-2014), Rrae (05-27-2014)