View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
I use a daily compounded cream 4-5 x each day. When I'm in the car for long periods of time, I take it with me and use it five times. I make sure the following day, if possible, is an easy one, because its usually not very pleasant. I have pain medication I can take if absolutely necessesary. Long drives do flair my pain. I haven't flown in an airplane since this happened. Does the pain tend to flare in planes too?
Car rides cause my face to flair up considerably.

I was taking oxycontin 2x 20mg/day for a year but just had the doctor kick me off them. Withdrawal sucks and lasts a lot longer than I expected (multiple weeks long).

It's pretty frustrating when doctors get you on the drugs then don't give a **** about weening you off. I can totally see how people go to heroin from oxycontin.

I honestly didn't have a bad time with the oxycontin, I worked as a programmer while I was on it, I never craved it, even during withdrawal.

I take 150mg nortriptyline, 150mg effexor, 60mg cymbalta I've only had results from the antidepressants and opiates, but not much relief. Gabapentin was terrible, trileptal didn't do anything, muscle relaxers never helped, etc
shindig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Quandry (05-30-2014), Vowel Lady (07-17-2014)