View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 04:16 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Epileptiform activity doubt

Hi, I'm 21 years old.

I had an electroencephalogram test some weeks ago, and the neurologist told me that both hemispheres of my brain have many epileptiform activity and that I can have a striking symptom at any time from now. I just had no idea about it.

She asked me if I had weird behaviors or stuffs like that, but I didn't know how to reply to that. She asked me for example how was my studies in the school, and I told her the reality (I didn't finish it yet, I repeated 2 years), then she said it was very probably because of something related to that.... but lot of people repeat years, I just think that's a little farfetched.
And I just couldn't answer to the other questions. She said it's basically an anormal function of the brain cells, short circuits between them, that can probably cause weird behaviors on my psychology like with memory or attention.

She then asked me if sometimes I am like with my mind in blank and didn't pay attention at all to something that someone was telling me... the answer is yes... but doesn't it happen to everyone? I've seen that happening with lot of other people too.

But the main question that I want to ask you people is this... I've never had sexual orientation, it's a thing that I have never really understood. It has never been a problem because it's just a think I don't need. I know a lot about this, I've been on asexuality forums and all, but I never knew why can someone be asexual. No one into those forums have a good reason, the only reasons I've listened are that a person becomes asexual only if he/she was abused sexually or some ridiculous thing like that. My theory up to day was that the sexual orientation isn't a natural instinct in the human being, that it's just a behavior built by society. But since I have no proofs to prove that, and I've been diagnosed with epilepsy, I just don't know if these two things may have anything to do.

I'm asking this to you because I don't usually say that I'm asexual in real life because it's a thing that most people can't understand and would need a big explanation. But should I tell this to this neurologist? or is it 100% due to another completely different matter? Is there any chance for them to be related? (epilepsy and lack of sexual orientation).

Just that. Thanks for your time.
Marlowes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-18-2014)